Elon Musk’s concept of travelling through conduits has started making progress. His research company, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) has already gathered over 100 engineers and is working along crowd collaboration approach.
Musk, the inventor, engineer and entrepreneur, envisions developing ultra speed, intercity transporter using a low-pressure tube train, which would run at a speed of 760 mph. Each capsule would carry 6-8 passengers and depart after every 30 seconds. As per him, the project, Hyperloop, would touch completion within seven to ten years.
Due to his current commitment with SpaceX, he is not able to devote time for the revolutionary transportation system however he has kept his designs open for experts and individuals who can contribute to Hyperloop, so that the community can morph the idea from concept to a reality. Here are a few yet interesting designs from the vault of the open source tube transport system, the Hyperloop:
1) The Hyperloop Transportation Technologies design for Elon Musk’s Hyperloop
2) The proposed route of the firstHyperloop
3) The Hyperloop model
4) The Hyperloop model: capsules, stations and route
5) The Hyperloop model simulation
6) Aluminium pods, for travellers, placed above the ground on columns 50 to 100 yards apart
7) People boarding in capsule
8) People and luggage shuttling in pods
9) Hyperloop can be built at 1/10th the cost of high-speed rail system and quarter to cost of free way
10) Hyperloop will take 30 minutes to travel the 381 miles from Los Angeles to San Francisco